This year I have powered through a lot more audiobooks than I have in the past.
With a 30-minute commute to work, I get an hour of reading time 5 days a week.
Then there are also long run days, to enjoy my audiobooks as well.
While the year is not up yet, listening to 22 audiobooks was one of my goals for the year.
Books I’ve listened to in 2022
- Justine Larbalestier – How to ditch your Fairy
- Leigh Bardugo – Six of crows
- Morris Gleitzman – Always
- Aviva – Selfless
- Jason Koop – Trail & Ultrarunning Training Essentials
- Nicola Moriarty – You need to know
- Katie Khan – Hold back the Stars
- Jane Austen – Pride & Prejudice
- Jane Austen & Grahame Smith – Pride & Prejudice & Zombies
- Kim Lock – The other side of beautiful
- Lynette Noni – The Prison Healer #1
- R.R Haywood – A town called Discovery
- James Patterson & Dolly Parton – Run Rose Run
- Lynette Noni – The Prison Healer #2 – The Gilded Cage
- Mackenzie L. Havey – The Perfect Run
- Lynette Noni – The Prison Healer #3 – Blood Traitor
- Jackie French – A Waltz for Matilda
- Rebecca Albertalli & Adam Silvera – What if it’s us
- Cath Crowley – Graffiti Moon
- Matilda Woods – Otto Tattercoat & the forest of lost things
- Kelly Barnhill – When women were dragons
- Raven Leilani – Luster
Try as I might, there were also a few did not finish aka DNF’s
- Kate Grenville – Room made of leaves
- Olivie Blake – The Atlas Six
- Bernadine Evaristo – Girl Woman Other
One of the reasons I enjoy audiobooks as they let me read out of my comfort zone and I choose books that I wouldn’t normally choose.
I also choose to listen to my audiobooks at a variable speed (x2), which means I can power through books really quickly. A 9-hour audiobook can be done in 4.5 hours!
Variable speed isn’t for everyone, my mind works really quickly, and while for some people it sounds like a chipmunk, to me it sounds normal. It’s like anything you have to try it, and find the speed that works for you.
The standout audiobook was the Prison Healer series by Lynette Noni. I devoured these, and I will be investing in my own copies to re-read them!
How many more audiobooks will I get through, you’ll have to wait until the last week of December 2022 to find out!