A long time ago (2014 to be exact) I use to do a series called the Friday Five.
In this series, I celebrated all the things that I gave a high five to.
My last high five post was the Runners Gift Guide back in 2018!
It’s only taken 3 years, but I have decided I’m reviving the series.
With many states coming out of lockdown and with the silly season fast approaching, I figured you all will need some inspiration on gifts.
In the coming weeks, I will share with you a list of all of my favorite things.
- Running related things
To celebrate the reintroduction of High Five Friday. I thought I would go back to the beginning, and share five photo’s and five things that I give a high five to recently.
2. SIP Delivery Day. We have all the elements, besides timber to build our house.
3. New Balance Beacon. To replace my previous Beacon’s. I’ve named these ones Luna, after one of my favorite characters from Harry Potter. Funnily enough, the actual colour of the shoes are called Moondust. I wasn’t aware of this at the time of naming.
And yes, I name all my runners.
4. I run down this road all the time, on this particular day I found this Indian-inspired elephant. Oh, and it’s also a money box. Yep, totally random.
5. Springtime means wildflowers. Paper daisies are a fav.
1. The pattern I used for my jumper is the Someday Sweater by For the Thrills. I used two strands of Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply wool to make it chunky yarn.
I didn’t like the design of the sleeves, so I modified the style of the sleeves to suit more me.
This pattern whips up really quickly.
2. I’ve joined the gym. Only because I currently don’t have access to the home gym, and I do enjoy my weights session.
3. Noodle the pug aka bones or no bones, seriously the cutest thing you will see on TikTok.
4. Currently reading “My Dark Vanessa” by Kate Elizabeth Russell. I chose it for two reasons:
- It’s a debut novel
- It discuss dark issues, like grooming, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and pedophilia.
It’s not a book I normally would choose, but that’s exactly why I chose it for my 2021 #mireadingchallenge
5. I’ve created a playlist called 2015. Why? Well, all the songs in this playlist are ones that I haven’t listened to since 2015!
There are a lot of duds in there, and I’m like why, why do I have this song? Needless to say, there are been a lot of deletes, but then there have been quite a few “omg, how have I not listened to this since 2015!”