Want a low calorie, grain-free, gluten-free and (can be) nut-free crêpe recipe, then look no further.
I discovered I had Banana Flour in my pantry. Yes, banana flour! Such a thing does exist.
No, this is not a recipe using a whole banana. You actually need the flour.
You can buy banana flour online, and at selected Woolworth stores.
It’s super-absorbent like coconut flour, however, it has more of a neutral flavour unlike the intensity of coconut flour.
Banana Flour Crêpes
- 1/2 cup banana flour
- 1/2 cup milk (I used Almond)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter, or coconut oil for the pan
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until it is smooth. It will appear runny.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a fry-pan
- Pour your batter slowly onto the pan. Allow it to naturally spread, as it will thicken.
- Once bubbles start to appear, flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat until all crêpes are cooked