Starting work at 6 am, means that I don’t eat breakfast before I go to work. I’m not hungry at that time, but I will have my breakfast (break) at about 8-8:30.
Usually, I have my pear granola with yoghurt. I’ve also been thoroughly enjoying almond pear porridge.
One day, I decided to make pancakes for breakfast, after discovering spelt flour in the pantry.
Who has spelt flour in their pantry? Apparently I.
Determine not to waste food, I decided to do something about it. Hence pancakes.
Spelt Flour Pancakes
- 3/4 milk (I used Almond)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a bowl, and allow to sour over 5 minutes.
- Add egg and melted butter, stir to combine
- Add flour, baking powder & soda. Stir until you get a smooth batter
- Over medium-high heat, melt some butter in a frypan.
- Drop batter into the pan and allow to cook until bubbles form.
- Flip, allow to brown on the other side
- Repeat from step 4 for the remaining batter