Orange cake and winter go hand in hand.
While talking to a friend she was telling me about a flourless mandarin cake.
Curious, I asked for the recipe and she gladly gave me a copy.
Flourless Mandarin Cake
Recipe Type: Gluten-Free
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
- 3 small mandarins (approx 230g | 1/2 lb)
- 220g | 2 1/4 cups almond flour *
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of xylitol ** or 3/4c caster sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- With the skin left on, cut the mandarins in half and remove pips.
- Place them in a saucepan of cold water.
- Bring the saucepan with the mandarins to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, boil the mandarins for 15mins.
- Turn the heat off, and leave the mandarins in the saucepan for another 15-20mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c | 350°f
- Grease or line with baking paper a loaf tin
- The mandarins will now be cool enough to remove from the saucepan.
- Carefully place in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until all combined. It should have a silky consistency.
- Pour the batter into the tin, and bake for approx 50mins.
2 thoughts on “Flourless Mandarin Cake”
Looks YUM, thanks for sharing!!!
Oh you will love it, it’s so easy and moreish.