Every month Woolworths release a Fresh Magazine.
One day while browsing through the magazine I stumbled across a cauliflower curry recipe.
Glancing at the ingrediants I saw that I had everything that I needed and that I would give it a go.
I’ve made modifications to the original recipe and it’s a winner in our house.
It’s easy, tasty, and jam packed full of vegetables and most importantly flavour.
Recipe Type: Curry
Author: Matilda & Woolworths
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 500g cauliflower (about 1/2 a large cauliflower), cut into large chunks
- 300g sweet potato (you can use pumpkin if you don’t have enough or don’t have any), cut up into 1cm cubs
- 2 large potatoes, sliced or cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- Garlic (measure that with your heart)
- 1tsp fresh ginger
- 1tbls curry powder
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup frozen peas or beans
- 2 tsp of coconut oil or ghee
- Heat oil in a stockpot/pressure cooker, over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for approx 2 mins.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook for a further min.
- Add tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- Add prepared vegetables, reduce heat to simmer for 20-30 mins until tender.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 mins until the peas/beans are cooked.
Serve over a bed of rice, mashed potato or couscous.