During the summer months, they are one my go-to ingredients as a salad base.
This Chickpea Salad makes a great side dish, or lunch for two days.
Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 800g cooked chickpeas
- 3 tomatoes or a punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 small capsicum cut into strips (optional)
- 4 spring onions, cut into thin strips
- 25g crumbled fetta
- 1 cup chopped parsley or coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- Stal & Pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds (if using cherry tomatoes just cut them in half)
- Dice the flesh of the tomatoes
- Mix the red onion, tomato, capsicum, and spring onion in a bowl
- Add the parsley chickpeas and mint
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a screw-top jar with 2 tbs water, season well with salt & pepper
- Shake vigorously to make a creamy liquid.
- Pour over the salad and toss.
- Garnish with crumbled feta.
Avocado also makes a great addition to the salad.
Omit capsicum if that is not your thing.