There hasn’t been much of a high-five to share lately. I blame Project 52, for taking up all my good images.
I’m still saving things as they come along, and well it’s about time I had a High Five post.
I’m one of those people that love to read. Whether it’s a book book or an audiobook, I will always have something on the go.
It’s when I’m in book limbo, where I don’t know what I want to read next that I will listen to podcasts.
The only requirement I have for podcasts is that it must be under 50 minutes.
Why this limit? Well, I tend to listen to them at 1 1/2 or 2 times speed. It means I can get through them quicker and not constantly stopping and starting.
.1. Ladies We Need to Talk
I stumbled across this podcast while searching the ABC conversations podcasts. Ladies, We Need To Talk is a podcast for women, by women.
This podcasts dive’s headfirst into all the tricky topics that we often avoid talking about.
.2. Complete Drivel
Hosted by Christian Hull this podcast has a bit of everything. It’s unedited, and it is what it is. Ok so there are so crap things, but I’ve added this because sometimes Christian talks about some serious issues and is honest and funny.
.3. My Dad Wrote a Porno
This podcast has just finished up season 3. It’s a series in which Jamie reads out chapters from “Belinda Blinked”, an erotic book that his dad has written. He is joined by his friends James and Alice.
It’s outrageously funny.
.4. Terrible, thanks for asking
Whenever we ask someone how they are the automatic response is “Good, thanks”, even though we may not be good, or fine, we actually be pretty crappy or terrible.
Terrible, thanks for asking this is a funny/sad/uncomfortable podcast about talking honestly about our pain, our awkwardness, and how human we are.
.5. Straight & Curly
Hosted by Carly & Kelly, this is a podcast for self-improvement junkies. It’s straightforward and simple and covers all area’s of life.
This particular podcast was a follow up from the War on Waste tv show.
Each week hosts Craig and Wendy cover topics on how you can reduce your waste.
Five Things Around the Web
- Don’t think you have a problem with Drink? Well Yumi Stynes from Ladies we need to talk, didn’t she think did, until the day it all unraveled.
- Thinking about training for a Marathon? This article will heart you on how to start.
- Want to run a faster Half Marathon? These workouts will help you get there. My fav is the Yasso 800’s.
- Injury. It’s every athlete’s worst nightmare. Use these running tips for injury prevention.
- Diet, it’s an ugly word. Zoey sums up nicely why she thinks (and I agree with her), why the diet debate is just one giant con.
So they are the 5 things I give a high five this time.