I have a new love of eggs. You would not believe how many eggs go through in this household.
This is why one of my goals is to set up a chicken coop. That way I can have free-range eggs right at my fingertips.
Chickens would also make great pets for the kids.
Eggs are used in so many different ways. Hard-boiled, poached, scrambled, as a binder, a coating, just to name a few.
Eggs are a fantastic protein source, which is no wonder why body-builders eat a lot of eggs, or egg whites more specifically.
This omelet recipe is super easy, and low in calories (if you are into that)
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total Time: 7 mins
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 50g cottage cheese
- 25g of frozen peas (cover in boiling water to defrost)
- butter/oil to coat the pan
- Whisk the eggs and the cottage cheese together in a bowl
- Over medium heat, coat a small pan with butter or oil
- Pour mix into pan
- Add peas
- Flip or fold when the top of the mix becomes solid
Don’t want to waste the egg yolk, then just make it a 2 egg omelet. Or save the egg yolk to make mayonnaise.
Macro’s – 133 calories, 4g carbs, 6g fat, 15g protein