I love to bake. Which can be a bit of a problem with weight loss. However, I do like to have my cake and eat it too.
I just am a lot more conscious of what I bake.
This particular recipe is dead-easy and is only 155cals per muffin (when making 12), or 75 when you are making mini cupcakes (30 mini cupcakes at 25g each). Yes, I did work out the calorie content.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g of butter
- 80g of caster sugar
- 150g of chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 225ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a muffin pan, or line with cases.
- Mix all the ingredients but the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- When the batter is mixed, add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins for the mini cup cakes 18-20 for muffins.
- Cool in tin for approx 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack.
You can ice them, but I don’t bother, they are sweet enough.