The chickpea is such a versatile legume in the kitchen.
What’s great about them, is that you can eat them hot or cold.
They can be the star of the meal or the support.
They can be featured in stews or salads. Turned into a snack. Or of course, you can always puree them to make hummus, which is always a hit when it comes to dips.
With the warmer weather finally arriving here in western Victoria, it means more salads, and fewer steamed veggies when it comes to side dishes at lunch & dinner.
While on holiday I made a variation of this chickpea salad, for my vegetarian father-in-law.
Needless to say it was a hit.
Best of all it’s super easy to make.
Chickpea Salad V2
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 sprigs of spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 a block of feta (of your choice, I like Danish)
- 1 medium-large tomato, chopped
- Parsley or coriander to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tps lemon or lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain chickpeas
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Gently mix until all combined
What’s your favourite dish feature the chickpea?