I have this display folder of recipes that I find in magazines.
I’ve properly only made a small percentage of these recipes.
The whole point of this 18 in 18 challenge was to get me out of my comfort zone.
While searching for another recipe (that I’ve made a few times), I came across this one.
The original recipe can be found here
Dried peaches must be a seasonal item, as I can’t get them at the moment in my supermarket, so I subbed peaches for apricots.
Delicious either way.
Apricot & Macadamia Bliss Balls
- 200g dried apricots, chopped
- 150g (1 cup) macadamia nuts
- 2tbs chia seeds
- 1 ½ tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon or lime rind
- 70g (⅔ cup) desiccated coconut
- 35g to go into the mix
- 35g or less to coat
- 1 tbs lemon or lime juice
- Place the apricots macadamias, chia seeds, oil, rind and ⅓ cup of coconut in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the lemon or lime juice and process further until a sticky mixture forms.
- Place remaining ⅓ cup of coconut in a bowl or plate.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into your hands until ball forms.
- Roll in the coconut.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 18-20 balls.
1 thought on “Apricot & Macadamia Bliss Balls”
Pingback: Back to school recipes | Windermere