So I was cruising Twitter, and came across this tweet from Runners World
SOCIAL STUDIES: You know you’re a runner when… ow.ly/l6N3V
— Runner’s World (@runnersworld) May 17, 2013
Remember to click on the Ow.ly link too. Just in case you didn’t go here.
Oh how I had to agree with the statements.
You know you are runner…
- You own more than 1 pair of running shoes
- You have running outfits for each season
- You know (roughly) how many calories you burn based on your distance (without wearing your heart rate monitor)
- You understand abbreviations like SW, HRM, HM, PR or PB
- You’ve got blisters on your feet, or you have lost toe nails (I’ve never lost toenails, but I know other runner friends who have)
- You own compression wear
- You are in a running club
- You know the running radius from your house
- You can tell your pace without looking at your watch
- You hear a song on the radio and can tell instantly if it will be good to run with.
- You know how to spit a lurgy or blow your nose bushman style
So what things do you that make you realise you really truly are a runner?