I have lived in Stawell for coming up 13 years. Surprisingly, even though I have lived here for that length of time, I haven’t run every street.
Scrolling through Strava one day I saw one my friends post. She had set a challenge to run every street of her suburb.
I thought what I great idea. That is something I could do. Now that we are officially in the offseason I have set myself this challenge to run my home town.
I have no idea how long it’s going to take, or how many kilometres I will cover, but it will give me a chance to see a side of my home town I haven’t seen before.
With over 200 streets, roads and laneways this is going to be an adventure.
A challenge needs to have some ground rules:
Official Start Date: 25.10.19
- Any runs on streets prior to start date do not count
- I must take a photo
- I must Instagram an image from my run with one of the following hashtags #runeverystreet #runstawell #seenonmyrun #runmyhometown #runmycity
- If it has a street sign on it, I must go down it, even if it is a dead-end or no through road
- Runs must be recorded via GPS.
- Streets must be completed in full.
- If I am unable to run said street in its entirety, I must go back and complete it within one month of running that street
- The street does not count if it is to get access to another street
- Be safe always
- Up to 3 streets may be skipped IF it compromises safety
- ie running on the highway.
Let this adventure begin!
Have you run your own city?
4 thoughts on “Challenge: Run My Home Town”
Pingback: 53 Tuesdays #45 - Matilda Iglesias
Pingback: 53 Tuesdays #50 - Matilda Iglesias
Pingback: Relief Run Recap - Matilda Iglesias
Pingback: Run Stawell - Matilda Iglesias