Traditionally, porridge is made by boiling ground, crushed, or chopped starchy plants – typically rolled oats.
Hot, steaming porridge is my go-to breakfast in winter. It’s surprisingly comforting and there are so many different ways to make it. Like in the slow cooker for example.
However, in summer, I don’t want something hot to eat for breakfast.
This recipe is a take of that, with a few modifications.
Berry Summer Porridge
Recipe Type: Easy
Author: Carrie Brown & Matilda
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
- 500g of natural / greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1 1/3 cup of full-fat milk / coconut / almond
- 250g of mixed frozen berries
- Pour your yoghurt into a bowl
- Get the chia seeds, and sprinkle them over the yoghurt
- Pour the milk into the bowl and stir until combined.
- Mix in the frozen berries
- Cover and allow to set in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight to set.
- This makes a great snack or post-meal dessert.
- Try it with frozen cherries