Now that we are in December the Festive Season is officially upon us.
I’m festive, just not for Christmas. Christmas is not my thing, and no it’s not the ba-hum-bug thing.
One of the problems with the festive season is that we get very festive with the food and drink. We have Christmas parties to attend for either work, school, or family. At these parties, there are copious amounts of Christmas-type foods, like cheeses, ham, turkey, gravy, pudding, cake, etc. Oh, and let us not forget about the alcohol – champagne, beer, eggnog, and so forth.
Don’t get so caught up in being festive that your workouts become pretty sorrowful.
Sorrowful is not me, however. I am Festive in the non-Chirstmas-y way because I’m happy 🙂 I eat clean and don’t drink (other than water, and occasionally Nuun), and I run and cross-train regularly.
I also like a good challenge.
When I was contacted by Tribesport about this particular challenge it didn’t take me long to think about it (all of 5 seconds really), to agree to it.
I was very much like Barney in How I met your mother with: Challenge Accepted
The Challenge is very simple, and it won’t take up much of your day. It will take anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes. That’s not even 2% of your day people, so yeah NO EXCUSES! Who doesn’t have 10 minutes, come on really?! It’s 10 minutes (if that), JUST DO IT! Yes, I’m shouting that to you. 😀 But you love me 😀
This Challenge is very doable and is suited to everyone no matter your skill level.
12 Days of Fitmas
So just like the song (The 12 days of Christmas), you start off with the 1-minute plank. On day 2 you do the 2 min wall sit & the 1 min plank, working your way up to a 12-movement circuit.
- 1st Day of fitness: 1 minute plank
- 2nd Day of fitness: 2 minute wall squat
- 3rd Day of fitness: 3 minute bridge
- 4th Day of fitness: 4 burpees
- 5th Day of fitness: 5 star jumps
- 6th Day of fitness: 6 push ups
- 7th Day of fitness: 7 mountain climbers
- 8th Day of fitness: 8 squats
- 9th Day of fitness: 9 chair dips
- 10th Day of fitness: 10 tuck jumps
- 11th Day of fitness: 11 lunges
- 12th Day of fitness: 12 crunches
It’s ok to Modify
- Find that holding the plank/squat/bridge too much for that length of time? Break it up into to 15-20 or even 30-second chunks.
- Can’t you do planks on your toes? Do them on your knees.
- Can’t do burpees with pushups? Do them without the pushup.
Make the commitment to do the challenge and you are already halfway there to finishing it.
Don’t forget to log your training!
Are you going to do the Challenge?
Complete the challenge and I will give you a discount code to the Tribesport Shop.
You must supply photo evidence or do a post about it on your blog. (And link back to this post)