It’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed when you a finish a challenge like Whole30.
Don’t get me wrong it was a fantastic experience and I learned loads, and now I know that certain foods, although yummy do not agree with me.
Whole30 really got me out of a cooking rut. It made me rethink what I have for meal times.
We all have safe foods and meals that are our go-to, and that we cook over and over again.
One of the recipes that I discovered because of Whole30 was Melissa’s Comfort Noddles. It’s super easy and really yummy.
This is a recipe I recommend anyone to try, you’ll just need a big bowl.
I’ve modified the orginal recipe to suit my tastes, but that’s what recipes are all about. You make them yours.
The original recipe can be found here
- 2 small zucchini, julienned (about 2 cups) [Julienne peeler or Spiralizer is essential.]
- generous 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 eggs, scrambled
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley or coriander, minced for garnish (optional)
- 1-2 tbs cottage cheese (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Spiralise your zucchini
- Squeeze out the juice
- Transfer spiralized zucchini to bowl and sprinkle with salt
- Set aside it for up to 20 minutes
- Drain & squeeze out excess liquid.
- DO NOT skip steps 1-5. You will be tempted, but it’s worth it, I promise.
- While the zucchini is sweating, heat up a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix the almond flour with the coconut oil then saute in the pan until toast brown
- Transfer your crumb mix from the pan to a plate to cool.
- Return the pan to heat and add the zucchini noodles.
- Sauté until just tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Push the noodles to the side of the pan, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the olive oil and garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, about 20 seconds, pour in the eggs and allow them to cook until just beginning to set a tiny bit. Mix the zucchini noodles into the egg and continue to stir gently and continuously until the egg is set and clinging to the noodles.
- Add the cottage cheese if you are using
- Turn off the heat and stir through the spring onions, coriander.
- Sprinkle with your crumb mix