When it’s zucchini season, I love making Comfort Noodles.
Comfort noodles do require some forethought as you have to salt the zucchini for the best flavour.
What if you are hungry now?
Then this comfort noodle soup recipe is for you.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it uses up basic ingredients or leftovers in your fridge.
- 1 Portion of Mr Chen’s vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2 block of a Massel stock cube
- 50-100g pre-cooked protein of your choice
- 1 egg
- A handful of baby spinach or a handful of shredded lettuce
- 2-3 mushrooms sliced
- 1-2 Spring onions chopped
- 1-2 tbs soy sauce
- 1-2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Place the noodles in a small pot with the massel stock cube and cover with water so the noodles are just covered.
- Heat on stove
- Just before the water comes to a boil, crack your egg into the noodle soup mix to poach.
- Allow the egg and noodles to cook on a boil for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, gently fry or use the sandwich press to heat up your mushrooms.
- Heat up your pre-cooked protein in the microwave for 20-30 seconds
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and season with soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Yes you can use 2-minute noodles
- Have leftover veggies, chuck those in too
- Serve with or without a garnish
- You’ll need a fork and a spoon for this one!