It’s 46km from home to Paradise (specifically the hall/church).
There are lots of thoughts and emotions that happen when you are out on the road for 46km.
Which is why the “Running a marathon as told by emoji’s” is funny and true.
For a bit of fun, I thought I would give you 46 random thoughts on my journey to Paradise.
Run To Paradise
- Why does the first kilometer have to be uphill?
- Ooh, this downhill is nice. Wait keep it easy, you still have 44km to go
- That’s a nice picture. Oh, wait, my phone is off (turned off to conserve battery).
- Chell just passed me, I wonder where she is off too.
- Wait, she is going to Naomi’s.
- *Sounds of Black & White Choughs* Hi Chuffies.
- *Honk, Honk*. Waves to Naomi (& Chell), as they drive past me.
- Gez, the road out to Navarre is busy. Must be a footy game.
- How would you pronounce this name MELLOUGA? Is it Mel-lou-ga? Mel-o-ga? Hmm, Interesting, not sure.
- Glynwylln, now that’s a street name.
- Passes, 37th Parallel
- Should get my phone out to message Kayla. Why won’t my phone turn on? God damn it, it’s flat! Well no point turning it on just yet.
- Passes, Reynold’s Rds “Hi/Bye kids”
- Glad I wore my gloves. Surprised I haven’t taken them off yet.
- Wearing a 2nd buff (around neck) was a great decision.
- Zoey was right, running on the verge is actually much softer on the feet.
- *More sounds of Choughs* Hi Chuffies
- *Looks at watch, 5:45 pace* Too fast, back off, you still have a long way to go.
- Wow, Greens Creek reserve is a lot further away from Val’s place than I thought.
- I can hear a car, where is it coming from? It’s not behind me, and it’s not in front of me. But it’s coming from my left.
*See’s a car coming from Greens Creek Rd* Oh that’s where you are coming from. Wow the sound does travel.
- Half Marathon done in 2h10 ish. I say I’m traveling pretty well.
- *Starts Counting*
- I wonder how many steps I travel in a kilometer.
- 1120 steps
- I’ll turn my phone on once I get to 2h30 and start charging it.
- Ok, this is where this run really starts.
- Naomi passes me (again), a honk and wave.
- I’m feeling this hill.
- Great now I have a rock in my shoe.
- Only 16k to go
- Navarre, where the hell are you?
- Seriously Navarre, why are you so far away.
- *This is who I am – Vanessa Amorosi” Such a good song
- My legs are starting to tire now
- How am I not in Navarre yet?
- I just want to get to Navarre.
- *Rings Tom* I’m in Navarre “it’s a bloody long way”.
- Homestretch now
- It got cold again, gloves are going back on.
- Marathon done.
- Less than a parkrun to go.
- Ooh, this is starting to hurt.
- You are nearly there.
- *Starts counting again*
- I made it!
- Ooh this bubbly is giving me the hiccups
- Legs so stiff
- How am I going to get into the car
- Omg, this souvlaki is amazing
- (In the car heading home) Wow it’s a long way to Paradise
- Chaffing is real!
- Why hello couch