With the end of year closing in and one recipe left for my 18 in 2018 recipe challenge, I knew I needed something that was quick, easy and uncomplicated.
Then one day I was scrolling my Instagram feed, and there it was a simple recipe for a 2-minute mug cake.
Bonus, I already had all the ingredients. All I had to find out was if I could sub pear for apple. A few comments later I had my answer. Now I was set.
You can find the original recipe on the Paleo Mom.
Pear Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pear, peeled & cored
- 3 tbsp almond or hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp walnuts or pecans
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Using a food processor, chop the pear until you have a chunky sauce.
- Add the nuts and blitz for a few seconds until it’s combined.
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe mug or ramekin.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Less if you have a high powered microwave
- more if you have a lower powered microwave.