I think one of the reasons why so many people love cheesecake is because it’s soft, sweet, has a slight crunch and it’s oh so delicious.
The only problem with cheesecake is that it is usually full of sugar and gluten.
The other problem, I’m usually the only one that eats it. The kids aren’t overly fussed with it. This is why I decided that cheesecake should be my next recipe in my 18 in 2018 challenge.
Can I find a low sugar, gluten-free single-serve cheesecake recipe?
Does it sound impossible?
Well, my friend, your wish is my command. I found a simple single-serve cheesecake recipe that is not only low sugar, is gluten-free (not nut-free though), but keto friendly.
You can find the original recipe here on Foodie Fiasco.
Cheesecake for one
- 1 tbs hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 tsp nut butter of your choice (I used Sun Butter)
- 1/4 cup or 50g of full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbs greek or natural yoghurt or cream
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia (to taste)
- or 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs of protein powder (optional)
- In your serving bowl/ramekin, combine the almond meal and nut better, until it becomes a crumbed paste. Press into the bowl to form your crust.
- In another bowl soften the cream cheese in the microwave for approx 30 secs (I used the melt/soften setting).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until completely combined and no lumps remain.
- Add the mixture on top of the crust and smooth with a spoon.
- Chill overnight.
The protein powder is optional. I have made it with it and without it. I use True Protein WPC80 in Honey Cinnamon, and also another version using True Protein Vegan85 in chocolate.
I’ve made this cheesecake with cream and with yogurt. Use what you have on hand. Both giving you the thickness you need, but the cream will give you a heavier taste.
If you are feeling really lazy you omit the lemon juice & sweetener.