I love bacon, but sometimes you can have too much bacon.
When I first made this recipe, I found the bacon a bit over powering. I decided that the next time I would make this recipe that I would have the recipe and and some chicken instead.
Well the chicken was a winner.
Then one day while I was getting ready to make more caramelized onions, I came across some mushrooms in the fridge that needed to get used. I figured that I would cook them with my onions for something different.
Little did I know that this little endeavour would change this recipe to be utterly delightful.
If you haven’t already done so, cook up a batch of Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms.
Mi Worth the Wait Crustless Quiche
The original recipe can be found in the 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook, from Balanced Bites.
Author: Matilda Iglesias & Dianne Sanfillipo
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1 serving of Caramelized onions & Mushrooms
- 1 tbs of cooking fat (extra for greasing the pan)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2-3 cooked chicken thighs sliced
- 8 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare a batch of caramelized onions & mushrooms, if you haven’t already done so.
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c
- Grease a 9×11″ casserole dish
- In a large skillet/pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until the fat has rendered off and the bacon becomes crispy.
- Remove from pan and place bacon on a paper towel to drain.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the bacon with the eggs.
- Add the onions, mushrooms & cooked chicken to the casserole dish.
- Pour the bacon & egg mix into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the eggs puff up and the edges become brown.
- Serve with salad or steamed veggies.
This recipe also freezers well, and is kid friendly.